Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW shotshell holder

Yes, cut the two sixes I had into fours, works better with my tactical tummy. turned out good, took a little time, but not too much, think I did the whole thing in about a half hour at work one afternoon.

used a small torch to heat up the spring shell retainers and sink them back into the caddy in the new lower position, trimmed on the belt clip some and rounded the corners, used a cut off wheel on a die grinder to chop off the top part and rasp bit to cut in the thumb cutout in the top rear. finished up with some 120 grit and then ran over the edges with the end of the flame to blend them in. IIRC i heated up the small screws that hold the belt clip to the caddy and gently inserted them so they would bind, and if not that then i predrilled them small and screwed in by hand. either way they are still here two years later.

from casual talking distance you cant tell the difference between my modded 6's and the OEM 4's. They will definately get you through the upcoming match, but I personally suggest taking a look at Mark Otto's new aluminum caddies (Otto Made It shotgun products, supafly here on the forum)

Yes, cut the two sixes I had into fours, works better with my tactical tummy. turned out good, took a little time, but not too much, think I did the whole thing in about a half hour at work one afternoon.

used a small torch to heat up the spring shell retainers and sink them back into the caddy in the new lower position, trimmed on the belt clip some and rounded the corners, used a cut off wheel on a die grinder to chop off the top part and rasp bit to cut in the thumb cutout in the top rear. finished up with some 120 grit and then ran over the edges with the end of the flame to blend them in. IIRC i heated up the small screws that hold the belt clip to the caddy and gently inserted them so they would bind, and if not that then i predrilled them small and screwed in by hand. either way they are still here two years later.

from casual talking distance you cant tell the difference between my modded 6's and the OEM 4's. They will definately get you through the upcoming match, but I personally suggest taking a look at Mark Otto's new aluminum caddies (Otto Made It shotgun products, supafly here on the forum)

Ken

Thanks for the info.

Very do-able project. After Sunday's match I am going to cut one down, and see how I like it.