Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training technique based on “repetition”

Sandro

Hi all,

I am trying to develop a training technique based on “repetition” to improve reaction time for my trigger finger.

Goals for the technique;

1) relax

2) economy of motion

3) improved speed

I heard a stop watch is a good place to start? That would be cheaper than shooting fast splits into the dirt! LOL

Does that make sense?

Now, before anyone interprets this wrong, I know fast splits don’t win matches! Trigger control does more than anything…

I am just trying to isolate a deficiency of mine and improve upon it.

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

DVC,

Sandro

Brain,

Good question. Although this typically happens on targets with sight picture one.

Also, confidence brings relaxation to avoid trigger freeze which I really haven’t had one in about 10K rounds.

If the "seeing" you are referring to is beyond site picture hold my hand here cause I am NOT there yet…

Thank you,

Sandro

Sight picture one or sight picture 10 - it doesn't matter. The goal is always the same. At each moment, pulling or not pulling the trigger should be the seamless response of what you are seeing.

Or in other words, if your seeing is proper and complete, there is no need to work on trigger pull speed. It is a natural by-product of seeing everything, coupled with the desire to hit each target as soon as possible.

be