Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sticky G19 Mags

Ronin21

Greetings!

Yet another (and potentially stupid/already covered elsewhere) question. I have been shooting a Glock 19 for a few years, and the biggest complaint that I have with it is trying to get the empty mags out of the gun! I shoot IDPA, so all I am using are new 10 round factory mags. The problem is that when I hit the mag release button the darn thing just sits in there. I have to grab the base of the mag and yank it out before going to my belt for another one.

I tried putting a bit of oil on the mag, and that helps for one release, but then it's back to yanking them out. Does anyone have any tips to help with this?

Thanks in advance!

Ronin21

Take a look at indentation on the right side of your mag, where the mag catch holds onto. There is probably a bur on the BOTTOM of the indentation that's hanging up when you try to dump the mag. Carefully shave the bur off with a sharp knife and that should fix the problem. The bur is formed by slamming the mag in repeatedly, and is normal. Be careful not to touch the TOP portion of the indentation, as thats the part that holds the mag in place in conjunction with the mag catch.

Regards,

Todd