Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Esp Division

sensei

Hi all,

One question,

I saw a wonderfull STI Trojan 9x21 (in Italy 9x19 is ILLEGAL ......), and i was thinking that it is a great choice for ESP division, .... B)

What do you think abut it ?

P.S.

I saw that a lot of shooters use a Single Stack .40sw in ESP, ..... but it isn't better a 9mm. ? (less recoil, 10 ronds in the magazine, ecc. ..............)

Thank you for your comments.

I saw a wonderfull STI Trojan 9x21 (in Italy 9x19 is ILLEGAL ......), and i was thinking that it is a great choice for ESP division, .... 

What do you think abut it ?

I think it would be a great choice. Light 9mm recoil, 1911 trigger pulls, the best of both worlds. Also - at least in the US - 9mm ammo is the least expensive centerfire handgun cartridge when you buy cheap generic ammo, so you don't necessarily have to roll your own. Not sure how that works in Italy, though.

P.S.

I saw that a lot of shooters use a Single Stack .40sw in ESP, ..... but it isn't better a 9mm. ? (less recoil, 10 ronds in the magazine, ecc. ..............)

If you load your own, you can have just as light - or lighter - recoil in .40 S&W as in 9mm. But with factory ammo, you're right, it's no contest. Getting a standard length 1911 mag to work in .40 S&W or 9mm with more than eight rounds in .40 or nine in 9mm can be an adventure. You're probably better off going with the standard capacity. You can't have the extra-length mags in IDPA, anyway; they won't fit in "the box."