Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack or Limited-10- New Shooter

BlayGlock

I finally found a USPSA club close enough to my house and on a day that I can shoot so I will be making the trip down there next match. I have never shot USPSA before but I have shot IDPA. My goal in shooting right now is to have fun and get more trigger time, one day I want to be really compete.

The only guns I own are 1911s.

I have a few questions:

1. Would my Nighthawk Predator be put in open class? I looked at the rules for Limited-10 and it says no ports or comps, but it does not address the "blast wafer" that is on these guns: http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/BlayGlock/nh-predator2_4_xl.jpg

I know I wont be able to shoot it in Single stack, but I may ask the do so since it is a carry gun and I will be shooting local matches for the time being. I would like more trigger time with my carry gun.

2. Which do you think would be better for a new shooter: Limited-10 or Single Stack? The reason I ask is that after reading here it seems some people get frustrated with the more frequent mag changes in single stack, I do not think I would really notice at this point however.

3. I am going to order some 10 rounds mags to have around anyway, if I were to shoot limited-10, how many should I bring to match? How many 8 round mags would be needed for single stack? I have 12 or so 8 rounds mags currently.

4. Am I understanding correctly that I could shoot my 9mm 1911 with 10 round mags in single stack, but it will be scored minor?

Thanks.

I finally found a USPSA club close enough to my house and on a day that I can shoot so I will be making the trip down there next match. I have never shot USPSA before but I have shot IDPA. My goal in shooting right now is to have fun and get more trigger time, one day I want to be really compete.

The only guns I own are 1911s.

I have a few questions:

1. Would my Nighthawk Predator be put in open class? I looked at the rules for Limited-10 and it says no ports or comps, but it does not address the "blast wafer" that is on these guns: http://i687.photobuc...dator2_4_xl.jpg

I know I wont be able to shoot it in Single stack, but I may ask the do so since it is a carry gun and I will be shooting local matches for the time being. I would like more trigger time with my carry gun.

2. Which do you think would be better for a new shooter: Limited-10 or Single Stack? The reason I ask is that after reading here it seems some people get frustrated with the more frequent mag changes in single stack, I do not think I would really notice at this point however.

3. I am going to order some 10 rounds mags to have around anyway, if I were to shoot limited-10, how many should I bring to match? How many 8 round mags would be needed for single stack? I have 12 or so 8 rounds mags currently.

4. Am I understanding correctly that I could shoot my 9mm 1911 with 10 round mags in single stack, but it will be scored minor?

Thanks.

Looking at that picture is your nighthawk a bull barrel gun? If so it won't be SS legal but will be L10 legal.

For a new shooter I think SS will be better than L-10 due to the fact that in L-10 you might be up against full race limited guns. But L-10 gives you more rounds to play with and you don't have to be perfect on the stages as you have a couple rounds of cushion.

12 or so 8 round mags would be pleanty in my opinion. I would have at least 8 or so in case one goes down. In SS I carry 6 on my belt and one in the gun. In L-10 you could probably get by with 4-5.

Yes your 9mm you can shoot SS minor with 10 rounds in the mag.