Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new EAA Witness Limited is ready to rumble

CHA-LEE

vous> Good question. I tried the Henning flat trigger when he first came out with it and I didn't like it due to how my finger lays on the trigger. I broke my finger when I was younger so my trigger finger lays on the trigger lever at a downward angle. The Henning flat trigger functions great and you can make a really kick ass trigger job with it. But the way my finger lays on the trigger suits the old style curved trigger better. Having the stock trigger lever may not be as "Cool" as having the flat trigger, but I shoot better with the stock trigger so Function wins over Fashion in this area :blush:

I have sent about 600 rounds down the pipe since I built this gun up, most of it in match conditions, and it has run flawlessly. I think I might have a solid performer without any additional debugging needed....... We will see if I can say the same thing after 6000 rounds :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

jmcmanis> I used a stone grinding bit on a dremel to start then varying sanding and polishing wheels to finish it up. Oh yeah, and a lot of elbow grease :roflol:

It probably took me about 10 - 15 hours to get the frame and slide smoothed out the way I wanted it to. I probably went a little overboard with making sure that the finish was smooth as glass because the sand blasting actually does a great job of that. But I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out after getting it sand blasted and coated so I smoothed it out the way I wanted it to be when it would be in a final state.