Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags not dropping

Jody Waring

Shot my first match yesterday with the Shadow, it worked great, I shot way too fast and it showed in the scores, but thats no excuse. Anyway, I had quite a few instances where my mags were'nt dropping out, and when I got home I loaded the mags up with snap caps and when I chambered a round, then released the mag- if the mag stuck I found when I got the magazine out, the next round was stripped partially out, and I suppose that is what was preventing the magazine from dropping freely. These are the 10 round mags with the plastic bottom and are brand new. What is the fix for this? I am wondering about the bottom of the breechface rubbing on the next round, did I read somewhere this should be beveled? I have done it on my Tanfoglio Open guns, but this is my 4th CZ and I havent had to do it to any of them. Appreciate any input guys. Thanks in advance! OH I gotta ask, what's your favorite holster? I shoot under IPSC rules and am allowed to use a race holster, but I am thinking about a Bladetech.