Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Desert Eagle .44Magnum

MARKAVELI

Im new here & im not sure if im doing this right so here i go! Question, anyone hear loading ammo for a Desert Eagle .44 mag? this is what I will be loading when I get my press. I like to know your recipies and any sugestions since this will be my 1st loading caliber. sofar I got Hornady .240gr JP/XTP's H110 powder with CCI primers(350,LPP)Is that a good start? I also have CCI 300 LPP can i use those with H110 or another powder that my DE can use in it that will operate and function & cycle's properly since its gas opperated? what are my options? looking to use powders that wont clog the gas tube(clean powders maybe) Your knowledge and advice is appreciated! Ill be ordering from BE Dillon's RL550B..

Im new here & im not sure if im doing this right so here i go! Question, anyone hear loading ammo for a Desert Eagle .44 mag? this is what I will be loading when I get my press. I like to know your recipies and any sugestions since this will be my 1st loading caliber. sofar I got Hornady .240gr JP/XTP's H110 powder with CCI primers(350,LPP)Is that a good start? I also have CCI 300 LPP can i use those with H110 or another powder that my DE can use in it that will operate and function & cycle's properly since its gas opperated? what are my options? looking to use powders that wont clog the gas tube(clean powders maybe) Your knowledge and advice is appreciated! Ill be ordering from BE Dillon's RL550B..

H110 works great for a DE. I tried several primers types, both magnum and standard, with no problems. I did try CCI primers, but don't recall which ones....no issues.

No problem ;) I hunted a couple of days during Ohio's deer season with a DE 44mag. I just used factory loads though. It was hard for me to hunt with it though. I only brought it out after I killed my buck.

Flyin

I reload but borrowed the DE 44 from a friend. In Ohio you can shoot deer with a shotgun, bow, handgun, muzzleloader and crossbow. I don't like crossbow's because they are so easy and take no work to get good with them so I don't expect to use one until I get older. So the only thing left that I haven't killed a deer with was a handgun.

Since I borrowed the gun I just used Federal 240gr factory loads. To be truthful I didn't hunt with it very much. In Ohio at any given time you can have a monster walk out and I didn't like the 100yd limitations of the DE. With sabots, rifled barrel and a good scope shotguns are good out to just a tad under 200yds. I do plan on buying that gun from my buddy by the fall.

Flyin

I only been hunting once! I used a buddies 7mm with a scope what a rush! I never used or should I say hunted with a hand gun or shotgun. I looked up that Uspsa website looks interesting but my computer is sayen site is unable to open at this time.... sux ill check it out more tomarrow.. I tried to order my press threw BE but cuz of some security credit card fraud would not let me get it cuz he didnt take off the filter cuz the card was to my home address and i wanted to deliver it to my job! is that normal and or is this lagit ? I never delt with him when I talked to him he seemed 100%!!!?