Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TacSol 2011 Conversion -- Slide Lock?

SteveZ

I recently purchased a TacSol 2011 conversion for my STI widebody. TacSol advertises that their conversion will lock the slide back on the last round fired. In my STI, I'm finding that the spring in the magazine doesn't have enough force to push the slide lock up on the last round. So I bought a new slide lock and proceeded to take material off the back of the slide lock (i.e. to reduce the pressure that the plunger places on it). In order to get the spring in the magazine to push the slide lock up, I had to remove enough off the back of the slide lock..that it nearly pushing into the frame with almost no resistance from the plunger at all. The problem now is two fold. First, the slide is locking back on the NEXT to last round and two...the slide lock eventually works its way out of the frame after about 10 rounds and then jams up the slide.

So for those of you who have a TacSol conversion...what did you have to do to make the slide lock work or did you just give up on it? How much harm is there in dropping the hammer on an empty chamber with this conversion. My only solution at this time is to count rounds to avoid dropping on an empty chamber.

My slide lock is cut back so it wont lock back. The tas sol unit has a fireing pin block, you wont hurt it by droping the hammer.----------Larry

I don't know about your conversion unit...but my TacSol 2011 conversion doesn't have a firing pin block but even if it did...typically firing pin blocks are disabled by pressing the trigger .... so if you pull the trigger (even on an empty chamber) the block would be disabled and allow the firing pin to strike whatevers infront of it.

Well then call it a fireing pin stop, the point is that you can drop the hammer on a empty chamber and not harm the pistol. Of course you could just have read the booklet that came with the unit and you would have known that, or just keep counting rounds, up to you.----------Larry

Edited by Larry White