Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Fixed Rear Sight

RobfromME

Good morning,

What is the height of the Dawson fixed rear sight? If I know the height of the rear sight, then I can get the correct front for my particular gun and how it shoots. I have a Glock 22 that shoots 3.5" high at 25 yds with factory sights, and 3.5" high with Warren Tactical rear and 0.215" front sight. I changed the Warren front to a 0.245" and it now shoots to point of aim out to 25 yds.

Thanks in advance for your help and input.

As a side note, I've not been partial to the "U" shaped rear notch of the Warren Tactical, and although I could replace with the Sevigny carry to correct the notch, I find the sights snag more often than I prefer and the Dawson's protrude much less with fewer sharp angles.

Once again, thanks to all in advance for your time and interest.

Warmest regards,

Rob

I dont know the answer but you could call dawson?

I would say that on the website Dawson matches their rear sight to a .215 I think, so I would assume that whatever your experiences were with POA with a .215 front would be equivalen to the dawson rear and their .215 front

This makes sense to me, but I dont think I expleained it well, Id just call dawson an ask

Thanks, guys.

I'll be calling Dawson today to confirm. I, too, had trouble measuring the one I saw. I hadn't found the info published anywhere, but I thought I'd check here first before troubling them with a call in case I missed something.

Thanks again!

Warmest regards,

Rob

Thanks, guys.

I'll be calling Dawson today to confirm. I, too, had trouble measuring the one I saw. I hadn't found the info published anywhere, but I thought I'd check here first before troubling them with a call in case I missed something.

Thanks again!

Warmest regards,

Rob

Be sure to fill us in on what you learn!

Thanks, guys.

Thanks again!

Warmest regards,

Rob

Be sure to fill us in on what you learn!

You bet. I'll let you know what I learn.

Warmest regards,

Rob