Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115g jhp zero load questions

M&Pman

Just getting ready to start loading 115g jhp from zero, and I ran across a deal on Titegroup. I have rem small pistol primers and once fired win brass. Wondering if there is someone with info they r will to give a newbie!!!

Just getting ready to start loading 115g jhp from zero, and I ran across a deal on Titegroup. I have rem small pistol primers and once fired win brass. Wondering if there is someone with info they r will to give a newbie!!!

What are you trying to load for? You do have a loading manual right? ;) There is a ton of data for TG and 9mm, and you can start with the numbers they list for most any 115gr JHP...it'll be close enough for starting loads. They've even put the data online:

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

What are you trying to load for? You do have a loading manual right? wink.gif There is a ton of data for TG and 9mm, and you can start with the numbers they list for most any 115gr JHP...it'll be close enough for starting loads. They've even put the data online:

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

115 GR. SPR GDHP Hodgdon Titegroup .355" 1.125" 4.5 1135 29,500 CUP 4.8 1158 30,500 CUP

This is the line you are looking for in the Hodgdon Data.

Yes, I have reloading manuals, I have reloaded rifle up till now. I have been shooting alot more and am in love with reloadin so why not start doing pistol ammo also. I appreciate your info and will begin the proces!!! Thanks! :cheers:

Have you guys done any comparison on JHP vs. FMJ for 115 gr 9mm? Is the HP more accurate like other calibers?

If there's a difference it seems to be specific to the gun, and it's not a big difference from what I've seen. R,