Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights on DW PM7

dennisw1mac

Just found and ordered a couple of Dan Wesson Pointman 7's in .40 and getting them set up for USPSA single stack. This is not a well known gun with clear specific information out there. It's got some cool upgrades from the factory not found on production single stacks, like a cut-in bomar-looking rear sight. I'm deciding on a front sight replacement from Dawson. But I read in an online review that the factory front sight may not be the right height.

Has anyone dealt with sights on a PM7? What style or size is the dovetail? What height is recommend for the front?

Thanks.

(PS, from the pics, the sights look a lot like my Edge)

If you order from Dawson, its listed as the Springfield/Dan Wesson cut. Bought a .100 wide for my PM-9 and it fit perfectly. It close to a Novak, but not 100% exact. I have not heard of the height being incorrect. I would shoot it and see, then order the same height if its acceptable.

(I need to hurry and get the money to buy one of these before they all dry up!)

If you order from Dawson, its listed as the Springfield/Dan Wesson cut. Bought a .100 wide for my PM-9 and it fit perfectly. It close to a Novak, but not 100% exact. I have not heard of the height being incorrect. I would shoot it and see, then order the same height if its acceptable.

(I need to hurry and get the money to buy one of these before they all dry up!)

The PM9 looks like it has the same cut-in bomar rear sight. Do you remember the height of the front sight you bought? Thanks.