Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Sportsman Team Challenge Nationals!

cautery

They're coming around again, and I can't wait... :)

June 11-13, 2010 are the actual competition days (Prelims on 11th and 12th, Championship/Finals on the 13th)

June 9th and 10th are practice days on the steel and of course the shotgun courses.

Most laid back shooting fun that can be had IMHO! 3-person and/or 2-person team event!! You get to shoot rimfire pistol, rimfire rifle, centerfire pistol and shotgun x3... Almost the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Homepage

Nationals Page

Entry Form

If you've never shot this before, you should REALLY consider putting a team together and giving it a try... Cool trophies, some prizes, and they award cash to 1st-3rd in most classes. And there is a class for everyone...

Give me or Renee a holler if you have any questions... There are some other folks on here that shoot it too...

• 1 month later...

Ohh man this is wonderful information for sharing. I am very thankful to you for this given detail to us. I am too much excited about shooting games. I am big fan of shooting sports.

Welcome to Brian's Forums! GREAT bunch of folks here...

Come shoot with us at STCA in San Antonio!!! Still time to get registered and get a room, etc. Posting an update in the next post...

I will help any one that wants help in the San Antonio area. I have my rim fire targets set up at Cedar Ridge Range for other shooters to train on.

Send me a PM or email if you want to try it The range owner will screen shooters before he lets them on that part of the range. so it is best if I have your name to give him.

We only have the Rim-fire targets set up now.

JF

UPDATE!!! Lots of teams... Group Hotel Rates

Forgot to post the info here, but there is a Group Code for Hotel accomodations at the Staybridge La Cantera. This is a really nice place and less than 2 years old... Really easy/quick access to the National Shooting Center too.... (important to have! Ask anyone who has dealt with morning traffic on the IH-10 and Loop 1604, etc. in San Antonio). The link to the hotel info is on the Home Page and the Nationals page.

The deadline for the group rate was yesterday, BUT we talked them into extending it!!! Rooms are going fast though... Staying at the Staybridge, while not an "Official" match hotel WILL guarantee that you will bump into lots of STC shooters.... And they have a GREAT breakfast buffet... and they put out food and beverages for "social" time at least one time while we are there... Wed and/or Thursday evening?

So far, we have something like 73 teams registered to shoot, the entries are still coming in, and we always have some pickup teams put together on site!! Looks like it's going to be another great year... Down economy? Not at STC Nationals!!! :D

Sure would like to see some more ladies shooting!!! There are always a bunch of Ladies at the event.... so if you are going to be there... grab another person OR two and put a tema together. Don't have all the equipment? Folks... we can find some equipment for you to use! Contact me or Renee through this forum, or email one of the contacts on the STC website.... Jason Massey, Robet Massey, Mike Love, etc....

Come shoot! It's a blast!!

Edited by cautery

I will help any one that wants help in the San Antonio area. I have my rim fire targets set up at Cedar Ridge Range for other shooters to train on.

Send me a PM or email if you want to try it The range owner will screen shooters before he lets them on that part of the range. so it is best if I have your name to give him.

We only have the Rim-fire targets set up now.

JF

Awesome! Thanks Jamie! See you in a week or so...

• 2 weeks later...

the Championship round just finished up at the Nationals today. The team scores will go up on the website soon. Team Caspian won the Top Sportsman' Division called "Open class" = nothing to do with conventional Open rules it has to do with the shooters credentials. Team Caspian was Jimmy C. Bruce P. and Robert M.

The top and Only Pro team won with some great scores. Jerry M. Michele P. & Doug K.

my team did not make the cut but did have a high shotgun score even though we only picked up our Third team mate 18 hrs before the event started

Good match lots of Jr shooters , with a big 4H turnout.

Central Tex needs more teams = I have my targets set up year round use at Cedar Ridge in Bulverdy.

It is not an easy match but more so ,than it used to be ,

Jamie