Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

McAllyn's Training

McAllyn

After competing in the BITB, I've decided to move my shooting to the next level.

I'll be using Ben Stoeger's dry fire drills, as well as Perfect Practice. I will more than likely end up with Steve Anderson's book as well.

My short term goals are:

improve my shooting (6 shots, 2" group, 11yds, 6 seconds)

improve my stage planning (stage breakdown, getting in and out of positions, CoF flow)

evaluate my current gear and replace/upgrade as necessary

shoot a 0 penalty match

Longer Term:

Move from low-C to high-C/low-B

Lose weight to improve mobility and stamina

Be competitive at Level II matches

Get professional instruction

OK, here we go.

Mac

Congratulations on getting started and putting your goals out there for the world to see. You are already ahead of me, I have not had the cajones to put it out. Let us know how you are doing and we will be watching your progression.

Remember, reaching your goals is a lot like eating an Elephant. One bite at a time.... :rolleyes:

George

Edited by gfmun

3/25/10

Ran 3mph on treadmill for 20mins. Man, am I out of shape.

Conclusion: I've got some work to do.

Dry fire for 1hr 20mins.

Draw - 2 Upper - Relaxed and Surrender Par at 1.7, never made it

Reloads

Draw - 2 Upper- Reload - 5 Lower Relaxed and Surrender Par at 3.6, never made it

Conclusions: I didn't get as far through Ben's workout as I had hoped, but I stumbled upon some pretty major fundamental flaws already. I need to work on my mag handling on reloads, I tend to fumble the grab. I am also pushing the front ever so slightly. I need to slow down and start over.

Congratulations on getting started and putting your goals out there for the world to see. You are already ahead of me, I have not had the cajones to put it out. Let us know how you are doing and we will be watching your progression.

Remember, reaching your goals is a lot like eating an Elephant. One bite at a time.... :rolleyes:

George

Thanks, George. Actually, it doesn't take any cajones. I'm already a bald, fat, goofy-looking guy, so I have nothing to be embarrased about, lol.

Bill

aka Mac

Made some PVC target stands last weekend. Taking them down to the range this weekend to do some quality live fire. Been stuck in a hotel in Indiana this week airgunning the mirror. Thought about bringing my rig and some targets, but I didn't want to freak out the housekeepers with targets taped to the walls.

Mac

Got my targets setup on our private range, and started working some beginning drills with my wife. After a few stages, took a break and switched over to her open gun to test some reloads. Then it happened.

I broke my personal safety rule "4" Eyes and Ears. Forgot to drop my blastshields and took some powder and shrapnel in the eye. Sitting here watching half a movie with an eyepatch. GREAT LOOK! (for a pirate, but I'm a ninja, so it doesn't really work.)

I found out tomorrow how serious it is, and what it's gonna take to get back up and running.

Mac