Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teardown Instructions/tutorial for Saiga-12?

Mark K

Anyone know of a good teardown tutorial on the web for a Saiga-12? I just got one, and am going to shoot a 100 rounds or so through it to break it in, and then want to tear it down. I am brand new to Saiga/AKs.

Thanks,

Mark

Alrighty.

Clear the gun first.

Next, see the tab sticking out the rear of the dust cover near the stock attachment point? Push that in. When it's in far enough you can remove the dust cover.

Next, remove the return spring assembly. Push forward until it comes out of the slot on the rear near the stock. Then simply remove it from the bolt carrier.

Next, slide the bolt carrier all the way rearward and remove.

If you want to remove the bolt from the bolt carrier, simply rotate the entire assembly and it will come out. Play with it, you'll see what I mean.

Now, look at the forward side of your gasblock, press the detent pin down and rotate the gas selector until it unscrews. Inside you'll see the "Puck" or "Piston" or "Tappet" it's called a few things. Remove it by using your cleaning rod from the rear. Just pop it out. If it's tight and won't come out, tap the cleaning rod with a hammer and the puck will come out.

You're done. That's "Torn Down".

Now if you're going to do a conversion, there's a bit more that needs to be done.

Welcome to the darkside :)

~SN

DSCF1789.jpg

Edited by SN13

Here you go. Vid one Takedown, Vid two reassemble, Vid 3 both.

One-Hand Takedown (Camera in other hand)

th_VIDEO_014.jpg

One-Hand Re-assemble (Camera in other hand)

th_VIDEO_015.jpg

Two-handed take-down & Re-assemble, camera in mouth, can't see gun.... you'll notice me feeling for everything. I'm doing it basically blindfolded.

th_VIDEO_016.jpg