Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for a shotgun

dover0020

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm looking for a semi auto 20 gauge in a youth size. It is acually for my wife but she is only 5 feet tall. I am planning on taking her to shoot sporting clays but I don't want to pay the price for an over under. Thanks for the help.

Are you looking for suggestions on available models or are you posting this as a Want to buy (WTB) ?

All your usual suspects make an autoloader in a youth or compact model. I would first consider the Browning Silver and Beretta 391. They are both excellent guns and will offer softer recoil than an inertia operated gun like a Benelli or Franchi. How it fits her is probably more important though.

Th classifieds might be a better place if you are searching for a used gun to buy.

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm looking for a semi auto 20 gauge in a youth size. It is acually for my wife but she is only 5 feet tall. I am planning on taking her to shoot sporting clays but I don't want to pay the price for an over under. Thanks for the help.

I got my wife a Charles Daly Youth model CDGK 3200 with the 22" barrel in 20ga and it's pretty darned nice. It's only 5 3/8lbs empty, so she can handle it. Keep in mind that many 20s kick harder, or have a sharper impulse than a 12 loaded to the same general ballpark of shot weight etc. If you can find a light, youth 12ga and get light loads, it'll often be more comfortable. R,