Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side Saddle?

sbpt1911

Graham,

when it comes to shell height -- I want just enough to be able to easily grab shells when I flip the gun over to load, while not setting up for any more than what I need and while leaving the elastic in full contact with the shell -- in other words my minimum level of insertion has the crimp end of the shell level with the far end of the elastic....

But installation is minor compared to the size of the loops. I can barely get one shell in with a crowbar and a hammer let alone a second one next to it. What's the story?

I got my side saddle from Mark this weekend. You aren't kidding about how tight those loops are. I'll leave them loaded for a while. I'm shipping my carrier off so C-RUMS to be welded, so hopefully once it gets back, I'll be GTG with the side saddle.

Edited by strat81

Mark contacted me about this and everything is clear now and I've got it set up "properly". FWIW, I found that if I got the end of the shell wet and put a through the loop and lifted while pushing the shells in from the other side, they went in without such a fight. Letting them set that way for a couple days and things are smoother now. Next, I need to get some dummy ammunition and practice.

Thanks to all for having patience. It's tough teaching an old dog new tricks.