Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

329 PD .44 Mag

abs

Any one have an airweight 329 PD Smith in .44 mag? I recently aquired one and it's the most painfull damn gun I have ever shot! Something about a 15 oz .44 mag that just is not right. Anyway, my real question is: It will not light off CCI .44 specials (Blazers) or CCI shot shells, any one care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

abs

I had a 329. It's gone now. I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive, but I found it to be an unbelievably awful torture device with full-house ammo.

As Steel suggested, make sure your strain screw is tight--I see loose screws sometimes even in brand new factory guns just out of the box for the first time! Good chance this is the problem. A drop of blue loctite is the answer.

Another suggestion (if you must use CCI ammo)--try replacing the firing pin. They're shipping everything with those dang pointy California-drop-test-friendly firing pins these days, and they seem to require a huge amount of mainspring tension to work right. On my customers' guns, the California pins go right into the wastebasket and are replaced with a pin from my supply of older round-tip factory pins. If you can't find one of those, order the Apex Tactical ignition kit.