Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun scope around $500?

steve mac

I have an IOR Valdada 1-4 on my primary rifle and a Millet on my backup rifle. There is a difference in quality of glass but the Millet is a good scope for the money. It holds zero and is brighter than alot of scopes that are much higher priced.

Edited by Jaxshooter

The Weaver Classic 1-3x20 is tough to beat, beginner or not. The very first 3-Gun I shot was RM3G 2006. I had a used-up 16" JP-15 with a Weaver 1-3 and I got all my hits. Those little scopes rock. $150 + a nice one-piece mount like the JP and you're set-up for well under $400. If you decide to "upgrade" later you still have a kick-butt little scope to throw on the rimfire or the trunk-gun.

For less than $500 I would go the Weaver 1-3, best value under $500. Saves you plenty of money to keep shootign and the $300 left over would be a great start at the $700ish for the TR24

I personally would go with The Trijicon TR24 with green triangle. Got one on a 338Federal and it is the ducks nuts in the bush on goats and pigs. Accurate enough for deer out to 250M as well. Most importantly the Weaver is tried and true (made in Japan, not China) and the Trijicon is just so well made and made in the U.S., unlike a lot of suggestions. I know the tubes are made in Japan but everything else is made in the U.S.