Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matt Burkett's 10 Week Program

George

I really like Matt Burkett's way of thinking and style. His 10 Week Shooting Plan is the shijt.

I recently made a commitment to myself to earn an A classification before the 3 gun nationals in 2004. I have let myself sit in B class for way too long and realized that the level of practice I was commited to was little more than a holding action with only incremental gains to be made. The cigarettes are 3 months gone and the flu has receded into a distant (but unpleasant memory), so it's time to get cracking.

Even though it has been raining a lot, I am 3 days into it using a treadmill for the cardio part of it and adding some longun into all of the holding and dryfire exercises. I have always practiced the fundamentals before, but never with this level of focus and with as organized of an approach. No if's with this type of program. You either get the result or you didn't do the job.

I used a similar level of dedicated exercise and dryfire practice without anywhere near as ordered a plan back in 1989 and got myself a B classification over 9 months from unclassified. I have sat on my lazy laurels ever since, and now it's time to face the fact that my pistol shooting just plain blows, my shotgun shooting needs to come up at least 10% and I have to shoot run & gun rifle a whole lot faster than I presently do. My fundamentals are sound, I'm just out of shape and shooting too slow.

Accurate self analysis = step 1

Matt's 10 week plan = step 2

Matt Burkett is right on the money. Look out A class, here I come!

And thanks to everyone here on the Forum's for the inspiration to make things happen.

Regards,