Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mitchell Custom Right side mag release

wolf1389

Hi everyone, 

I have been shooting IPSC for 3 years now and went to the florida open for my first USPSA match, recently as i was crossing the border coming back in to Canada, during a "secondary inspection" my right side mag release was taken off my 1911 and i wasn't notified. I already have an investigation open but i doubt i will ever see it again. is there anyone that knows where i can get another? ive tried speed shooters and they have been waiting since october for supply. Still waiting on hearing back from the manufacturer. If anyone knows where i can buy one please let me know. 

Thanks! below are photos of the mag release

DSCN2796.JPGDSCN2795.JPG

DSCN2794.JPG

On 2/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, wolf1389 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been shooting IPSC for 3 years now and went to the florida open for my first USPSA match, recently as i was crossing the border coming back in to Canada, during a "secondary inspection" my right side mag release was taken off my 1911 and i wasn't notified. I already have an investigation open but i doubt i will ever see it again. is there anyone that knows where i can get another? ive tried speed shooters and they have been waiting since october for supply. Still waiting on hearing back from the manufacturer. If anyone knows where i can buy one please let me know. 

Thanks! below are photos of the mag release

DSCN2796.JPGDSCN2795.JPG

DSCN2794.JPG

They gave one in the classifieds for sale

cbsa officer took it off  while it was inside for a " secondary inspection" as it was my first time crossing i didnt know what the proper procedure was. one of them was a leftie too... now it could be a mistake and it might be in a drawer somewhere there but i doubt it... im going to give them a week or two to " investigate" and if nothing happens ill file a theft report... 

Edited by wolf1389