Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I find more info on CMP matches?

XxMerlinxX

Other than their website? I'm basically looking for info regarding starting out, what sort of equipment everyone is using, what the course of fire is like, etc. Is there a subsection on here that I'm missing or are there certain keywords I need to be searching for?

Since you are in South Carolina, go to www.delphiforums.com and search for South Carolina High Power.

Also, www.usrifleteams.com is a good forum for highpower. There is a long range section and then a national match section. The later is the one you want.

Basically, the course of fire is this:

200 yards - 10 rounds standing (offhand) single loaded, shot in a time limit of 10 minutes

200 yards - 10 rounds sitting (starting from the standing position), rapid fire, shot in a time limit of 60 seconds with a magazine change (2 rounds, reload then 8)

300 yards - 10 rounds prone (starting from the standing position), rapid fire, shot in a time limit of 70 seconds with a magazine change (2 rounds, reload then 8)

600 yards - 20 rounds prone, slow fire, single loaded, shot in a time limit of 20 minutes.

Equipment:

For service rifle, most people are shooting the AR. It has to be a 20" barrel in either A2 or A4 configuration. Compass Lake Engineering and White Oak Armament make some of the more popular ones. The Rock River Arms National Match is also a popular rifle.

The above is for CMP rifle, but if you are talking about CMP pistol matches, the rules just changed this year. This article should provide the information you need http://thecmp.org/cmp-pistol-program-rule-changes-for-2015/

The 30 rounds pistol course of fire is this:

50 yards - strong hand only, 10 rounds fired in 10 minutes

25 yards - strong hand only, 5 rounds fired in 20 seconds (done twice)

25 yards - strong hand only, 5 rounds fired in 10 seconds (done twice)

Edited by s2000red