Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry's 200 gr. FP / Glock 21SF Data.

babob

I recently got a Glock 21SF and plan to load Berry's 200gr. FP for it to make power factor for CDP in IDPA. I've loaded thousands of 230 gr. RN and Montana Gold 200 gr. JFP's with good results. The Montana Gold 200 gr. JFP's are similar to the Berry's but the Berry's are a little shorter than the MG's. Looking at my Sierra RL manual, the Sierra's appear to be a better match to the Berry's 200 gr. FP's so I plan to start there with their data. I would like to see any info. or data that anyone else has had with the Berry's 200 gr. FP's and possibly using them in a Glock 21 or 21SF.

I load the MG 200 gr. JFP's to a COAL of 1.20" and they worked great in the Glock 21SF. Due to the shorter Berry's bullet, it looks like the COAL will be around 1.55" if I stick with Sierra's data.

I load the Berry's 200 gr. FP bullets over 6.0 gr. Unique for all my 1911 pistols and they work great. I tried to shoot some in my Glock 36 and they would jam on the end of the short feed ramp. You might want to try a few first and function check them in your G 21 before you load up a lot of them. My G36 has to have round nose bullets to function properly. It doesn't like the Speer Gold Dot loads either because of the big hole in the end will hang occassionally. Try a few and see how they work, and go from there.

I load the Berry's 200 gr. FP bullets over 6.0 gr. Unique for all my 1911 pistols and they work great. I tried to shoot some in my Glock 36 and they would jam on the end of the short feed ramp. You might want to try a few first and function check them in your G 21 before you load up a lot of them. My G36 has to have round nose bullets to function properly. It doesn't like the Speer Gold Dot loads either because of the big hole in the end will hang occassionally. Try a few and see how they work, and go from there.

What's your COAL for the 200 gr. Berry's FP?

I'm seating my bullets at 1.200 +- .001 COAL for my 1911's. I've shot a lot of these bullets in my 1911's and they work fine, but again, they won't function in my G36. If your G21 has a longer ramp or the bullets sit higher in the magazine, they might work better. It has been my observation that with the flat point and coming fairly straight out of the mag at a low angle, there isn't anything to turn them up enough to feed into the chamber. Such is obviously not the case with my 1911's as the bullets in the mag sit higher in relation to the chamber.