Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mount for TR24 on a CTR-02?

Colodrew

I have a CTR-02 coming too. My current Firebird rifle has a Tr21 on it and the eye relief requires a SPR-E. I have it mounted all the way up on the last notch of the picatinny on my upper. I can't mount the rifle with my nose up on the charging handle because it's too close for the eye relief. I plan to upgrade to the Tr24 with the JP. Let me know how that mount plays out for you please.

I have recieved the mount and it is nice. It would be perfect except for clearance issues with a TR24 and a cat tail. :surprise: I could take the cat tail off but that would suck. I will probably go with the Larue or JP mount with the same centerline height but not as much offset. I will post the final solution that works.

post-18714-1261351361_thumb.jpg

Problem solved with the JP mount. :rolleyes:

post-18714-1261450533_thumb.jpg

Wow, sorry Drew, feel kinda bad for making the suggestion and having it not work out for ya.

Glad you're all set now.

No problem, I am thankful there is a place like this where I can learn from others and someday help somebody else. :cheers:

I ordered my TR24 and LT140 mount from LaRue on Friday. I should have it mounted on the CTR-02 on Wednesday night. I'll send photos ASAP.

Here it is! The TR24 is nice. I think I am going to try a extended eye relief LT139 as I still get a light black around the edges if I come all the way up and put my nose on the charging handle.

DSCN3424.jpg