Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I run Green Gas in newer Tokyo Marui guns?

Cy Soto

eHobbyAsia says on their website that the current version of the Tokyo Marui Glock 17 is (and I quote) "Ready for Green Gas". Before reading this I had read that TM guns should only run on HFC134a or Duster Gas.

Is this a new version of the TM-G17 that will run on HFC22? TM Glock 17 @ eHobbyAsia

I believe this particular version TM G17 has a plastic slide and barrel - for propane/green gas, you'll want to upgrade to a metal slide and barrel, or buy one already set up with a metal upper for durability. I've been using an all plastic KSC G34 and plastic frame/metal slide KSC G17 for practice for the last few months, about 4K round through both, the G34's plastic slide broke after a month or so. I've since replaced it with this: http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3

Based on the research I've done, this is a pretty common trend. I'd just spend the bucks up front and buy a gun with the metal upper to start with. Green has has a lot higher pressure and gives the slide a pretty good beating.

Barry

I was afraid of that; it sounded too good to be true. :(

I like the design and the reviews of the TM more than the KSC but purchasing a metal slide and barrel for the TM could add up to another ~$200 (which is more than the gun itself). I might still get it and run it with duster gas while I save my pennies to purchase a Guarder slide & barrel.