Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good results with AIRSOFT training so far

dbarrym

I picked up an Airsoft gas blowback G34 and G17/G22 clone from the SD Airsoft Extreme store a little while back and have been using them for home practice to the tune of about 200 rounds (BB's?) or so a day since.

I use my competition belt and holster rig (CR Speed and Ghost) and have set up an indoor and outdoor range - indoor with cardboard boxes (BB traps) and paper targets, and outdoors with a BAM Airsoft Texas Star and five steel falling plates and poppers.

My time to first hit has improved dramatically, down to an average of 1.26 secs (was over 2 secs) while time to each following target is in the range of .4 to .45 secs (was .7-.8), since starting my Airsoft training regime.

We'll see how this improves my match scores soon (haven't been able to go to a match since) but I'm hoping I will see a significant improvement. I'm using a borrowed CED8000 and lately the free SureFire Shot Timer app on my iPhone, great setup for practice on simple stages at home.

Now wondering if the lack of significant recoil will create any issues when I actually get to live fire practice at the range, since I'm getting 4-1 or more practice time in favor of Airsoft. We'll see.

Barry

I think the greatest "issues" you'll see will be that spending so much time shooting something that has very little recoil or noise has dramatically decreased any flinch you might have had, and that not only has your speed significantly improved, so has you accuracy. Also in the accuracy plus column all the reps you've put in pulling the trigger will translate over to better trigger control. Also that spending so much time firing a "gun" with little muzzle flip, on which it's easy to track the sights in recoil, readily transitions over to an improved ability to track the sights when firing a real gun, as well.