Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super Minor Load

DJM3808

I'm looking for a starting place to do some 38 super minor loads with 124-125 cast RN bullets and either N350 or Win 231 powder. It's for a shorty open gun. I want to use stuff I have on hand to work up a load for NRA Action Pistol, they have a 120 PF floor so any thing around 1000 fps would work.

I've never used cast bullets in an open gun and can't seem to find anything published for these two powders. :blink:

Thanks

an old speer manual shows fortheir sink yourfingernails in the bullet its that soft 125 gr RNL

for win 231 its 5.2 to 5.6 for velocities frm 1108 to 1229

sierra is showingfor 125 jacketed 4.6 to 5.5 of win 231

hornady is showingfor 125 jacketed 4.6 to 5.3 of win 231

hope that helps you find a suitable powder charge

I'm looking for a starting place to do some 38 super minor loads with 124-125 cast RN bullets and either N350 or Win 231 powder. It's for a shorty open gun. I want to use stuff I have on hand to work up a load for NRA Action Pistol, they have a 120 PF floor so any thing around 1000 fps would work.

I've never used cast bullets in an open gun and can't seem to find anything published for these two powders. :blink:

Thanks

There are several Minor loads on the .38 Super IPSC Loads List at: Maass' IPSC Loads Lists.