Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L_10_shooter

L-10_shooter

I am an avid practical shooter from Albany, Oregon. I have only been shooting for a year and a half. I have learned a great deal and always learning more. I am striving for improvment everytime I shoot. I will post match videos here, please feel free to post comments, suggestions, complaints etc. My shooting friends have become a second family, and I look forward to the future.

Here is my latest video, Plastic Gun match @ Albany, 8 stages over 200 rounds. I worked stats so I was in a rush to shoot and it showed.

I accually did some dry fire today. I have been really bad about doing dry fire and I feel a bit better. Only about half an hour, mostly draws and reloads. Also took the girlfriend to the range so she could shoot. I did shotgun relaod practice for a shotgun match this weekend. I have two matches this weekend. Uspsa at Albany on saturday and a multi gun shotgun only match Sunday (at albany). Cant wait, I have not shot much in the last couple weeks.

I accually did some dry fire today. I have been really bad about doing dry fire and I feel a bit better. Only about half an hour, mostly draws and reloads. Also took the girlfriend to the range so she could shoot. I did shotgun relaod practice for a shotgun match this weekend. I have two matches this weekend. Uspsa at Albany on saturday and a multi gun shotgun only match Sunday (at albany). Cant wait, I have not shot much in the last couple weeks.

• 2 years later...

It has been over 2 years since I started this diary. I am not much of a writer. Now that I have gotten a taste of what it is like to win, I want more. I had a few milestones this past year.

My first club match overall win. There are several very good shooters in Columbia Cascade Section that have pushed me to preform better.

My home club Albany Rifle and Pistol Club hosted AREA 1 this year. For this match I was the Quartermaster, set up and tear down crew (just like all our club matches). I finished 1st A open and 7th overall. As a result of finishing 88% of Eddie Garcia, I was bumped to Master Open.

With the help of Steve Anderson's books, I am starting (today) a dry fire training schedule to take my shooting to the next level. I used to dry fire when I wanted to and gradually got bored with the random drills I preformed. Also with very little live fire practice. Now I will be dry firing every morning for half an hour. Need to feel out how many drills can fit into half an hour and how to rotate the drills through out the week. When daylight permits (when daylight savings time returns) I will start doing live fire training based on the dry fire drills. Next year is going to be a whole new leaf to turn over and build my shooting higher and higher.

I feel empowered to be a part of competition shooting, USPSA, all the clubs I have shot at, all the friends I have made, learning rifle and shotgun for multi gun, and my home club ARPC. The people make this such a great sport.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok almost three weeks into my new training and I can see improvement. Speed is about the same but I am hitting draws and reloads smoother and more consistently. I feel great starting the day with 30min of dryfire.

I got a call at work yesterday from USPSA, guess what they informed me of? I earned a slot to the 2012 Nationals in Vegas! I am so excited and cant wait to see where I stack up to the best. Once daylight comes back I will be ramping up my training for more live fire.

I am also going to go back to shooting .40 open. I am finding I have an eye dominance issue when shooting irons, but I can focus both eyes open on the dot. 2012 looks to be a promising year for shooting and winning.

Shot a local match today that was a "carry Conceal" match. Clothing covering gun and mags at start signal. I shot ok, several misses on steel and totally missed a head shot at less than 10 yards. Need to work on pin point accuracy. But still managed to finish on top of all the "concealed" shooters and 3rd overall.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had one of those AAAHAAAA moments. Last night I was looking around on youtube for Max Michel videos. I discovered that he keeps his shoulders down through all movement, draws, reloads etc. SO I did this for my dry fire this morning and holy crap. I have been shooting with SSSOOOOOO much tension in my shoulders. It feels much better, more relaxed and controllable with the gun. Going to take awhile to get myself to unlearn tightening my shoulders up, seems to be related with grip. The harder I grip the gun the more I tense up my shoulders.

This leads into my new holster and going back to open. Since I will be attending the 2012 open Nationals, and AREA 1 is in April, its time to get back into open and work like a mad man.

I did not want to go with the slide mount optic as it will kill the optic eventually. So I picked up an SJC frame mount for the micro sights. Mounted it myself with a Cmore STS on my trusty old Glock 35. Mount will not cooperate with a kydex holster so I also picked up a Double Alpha Race master (left hand) holster. Getting used to the race master is coming along. Less than a week of dry fire on it so far.

post-16694-0-39786400-1325169729_thumb.j

post-16694-0-90877600-1325169735_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Wow been three weeks since I shot a match. Match was mostly close high round count hoser stuff. After the first two stages I was fine. First stage it took 7 rounds to take 3 pieces of steel, slow down!! Second stage was a strong/weak hand classifier. First string had a fail to feed on the last shot before the reload, mag did not seat. Second string I did not take the lock off my holster, DOUGH! Still getting used to this race holster stuff. Here is a video of the stages.

• 2 weeks later...

This past weekend I shot three matches. Saturday Day USPSA, Night rifle, and Sunday different USPSA. I got some video that I will try and get up soon. Had a blast, shot ok on Saturday and was shooting great Sunday till the second shot on the last stage, dot went bye bye. Totally blinked out so I finished the 21 rounds stage with no dot. DId great on paper but lots of misses on steel. I still finished the course with no mikes. So now I am stuck in limited till I get my dot fixed. Turns out the tab that touches the bottom of the battery broke off. I mailed it back to C-More Wednesday, hope it gets turned around quickly. This also screws up my dry fire and training. I am also moving, removed 2 wisdom teeth yesterday, and am getting a different car. Life is hell right now, cant wait till it calms down so I can focus on training again.

• 1 month later...

Been to long since I posted on here. Last weekend I shot production for a change of pace. G22 minor .40 ammo is alot of fun! Clobbered production and finished 3rd overall. One of the stages involved a 6x6 for a shooting box. Watching others push to hard was interesting. Here is a video from that match.