Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any other tubes compatable with the YHM barrel nut?

bp78

I have an 18" CMMG upper that was apparently put together by a gorilla on steroids with gallons of locktite handy. It shipped with an A2 flashhider and rails. It took me days of reading, grunting, and torching the flashhider before I finally got it off and replaced it with a 3Gun proper comp.

I bought a Clark Carbon Fiber free float tube to replace the rails but yet again I find the set screws on the gas block are set in stone. I've shattered 2 allen wrenches and turned a third into a twisty. Since YHM FF tubes all use the same barrel nut and slip over the gas block, I'm thinking of cutting my losses. Sell the Clark tube, buy another YHM smooth tube, and then sell the new barrel nut that comes with it with my old rail. Then I'm done in minutes. (Also a little concerned now on how you remove a Clark tube if the gas block or anything got loose post gluing-install?)

To my question, do any other Freefloat tubes use the same YHM Barrel nut assembly? DPMS perhaps? Just looking for smooth free-float options that might save me some work on this upper.