Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SDB Shell plate bolt

So Here I am this morning loading my rounds for the Area 8 that I am leaving for in 2 days. I get through 52 rounds and then SNAP!!!!!! Powder goes flying around, the shell plate is almost on it's side, and did I say I am leaving in 2 days.......?

I anxiously wait for the time zone difference so that I can make a call to Dillon to see if I can get a bolt in time. In the mean time I am in Panic Mode. I start thinking of other ideas and call Atlanta Arms to see if I can get 400 rounds there in time, they assured me that they could if needed :)

I get in touch with Dillon (I forget who I talked to) and they are sending me 2 new bolts to get my SDB up and running with the 2nd for if it happens again. I am paying for the next day shipping and I would not expect that to be picked up by Dillon anyway. I am sure that the bolt will come in tomorrow and I will be able to load up for the match before we leave.

I really do appreciate the service that Dillon shows. I have had the SDB since 1996 and I would not blame them if they made me pay for a part that I got 13 years out of.

I also appreciate the service that Danny at Atlanta Arms and Ammo gave. When I told him that I would be able to get the bolt in time he was glad that the situation had worked itself. I will definately be calling them in the future to test out some of there ammo and if I ever do a back to back I will use them instead of worrying about too much weight on a plane.

Brian

The bolts arrived this morning before I went to work. When I got home I put the new bolt in and in no time at all I had loaded up all the ammo I need for the match.

Dillon,

Thank you again!!!!!!!!!! I will hopefully be upgrading to a 650 next season and their service is a definate reason why!