Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

buying accessories in USA-international orders

Until some time ago i usually buyed some accessories or grips in some Internet shop like Shooterconnection, speedshooter or others without problems and they shipped to Italy.

Now i was trying to buy an Sti aluminum grip (in Usa 360$ in Italy 420 €!) but the same sites reply to me : We cant send gun parts out of the USA

So is it a new rule? Is this true for all states or i can buy in some?

can someone say to me if i can buy and where? (for italian law i can buy and import all what is not an "essential part of arm"

for example springs, sights, sear, trigger group, grips, are not essential part of arm).

Thank for the suggestions.

Until some time ago i usually buyed some accessories or grips in some Internet shop like Shooterconnection, speedshooter or others without problems and they shipped to Italy.

Now i was trying to buy an Sti aluminum grip (in Usa 360$ in Italy 420 €!) but the same sites reply to me : We cant send gun parts out of the USA

So is it a new rule? Is this true for all states or i can buy in some?

can someone say to me if i can buy and where? (for italian law i can buy and import all what is not an "essential part of arm"

for example springs, sights, sear, trigger group, grips, are not essential part of arm).

Thank for the suggestions.

Italian Shooter. I think in the last FrontSight (USPSA magazine) they had a story about ITAR-International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It has to do with fees and taxes for small companies, which most manufacturers are. We have new administration, new ways to interpret law and impose fees, tariffs, and since most firearms companies and parts manufacturers barely break even, let alone make a lot of money, many, many companies can not afford to pay what is required to ship overseas. It has nothing to do with secret stuff or anything like that. It's about onerous (too high) taxes and fees. Hopefully, the smaller manufacturers and specialty shops can work with the larger companies to allow their parts to be purchased by our friends and shooters worldwide. Try Brownell's.