Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Hemisphere Limited

underlug

I was bringing out my old limited gear and when I put my P14 in my Bianchi Hemisphere Limited (the cheap one) holster and raised the locking lever on the rear of the holster, the pistol would not lock. Being mechanically challenged, I could not discern why or what, if anything, was missing from the locking device. Can anyone describe the locking device (how it hooks the gun) in monosyllables, to me so that I can understand what is going on? Thank you

I used to shoot using one of these holsters before I decided to upgrade to more of a "racy" holster for Limited 10....it's laying on the floor right next to my computer.

It appears that the locking mechanism works on a "space" (or lack there of) principle. The trigger guard of the gun slips into a channel in the holster and then the locking bar is down...the "wings" of the holster are free to move and allows the gun to be removed from the holster.....there is also two small "nubs" in the channel that force the wings to flex outward when the trigger guard of the gun moves over them.

When the locking bar is slid into the lock position...the two metal sides of the lock prevent the "wings" of the holster from expanding and prevents the gun from begin removed. If your's isn't working...my guess is that the "nubs" have been worn down to the point that they don't force the wings outward...or the sides of the locking bar have flexed outward slightly and are allowing the wings to flex outward.