Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My local reloading shop.

Hank Ellis

Stopped in Louisiana Gun and Reloading in Baton Rouge, LA for my weekly BS session. This time I actually needed a few things. VV N320 and N340 was in stock. Bought a pound each. Federal Small Pistol primers was in stock. Bought all he had. 500. There was still large rifle primers sitting on the floor. Was told they are expecting a shipment of primers tomorrow. Call in the AM and if they haven't arrived call again in the afternoon.

I was moaning about my overstock on powder I really don't use. Won it mostly at the matches. Larry said to bring it in and he'll trade me off for something I can use. Went through the powder box and collected four pounds for trade. Ought to get a couple pounds of VV powder for it.

Gotta love a shop that takes care of its customers.

In addition at the shop met Gordon Hutchinson who co-authored "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab". http://www.neworleansgungrab.com/ Spent a bit of time talking about gun rights, legislation, swapped load receipes for ARs, and other stuff of a local matter.

Yeah I might save a dollar or two by ordering online but I can't get this kind of service and interaction with others by clicking a button on a webpage.

Oh, almost forgot.

Scored at Wal-Mart today also. Found Win White Box 9mm. Bought 300 rounds. Guy in front of me got 300 rounds. There was still some left for the next guy. On the floor was unopened cases of .380, .40, .45, .22LR and something else I couldn't read. Whoo hoo. Got enough for 2 matches which buys me time to get my loads developed and loaded.

Hell of a good day.