Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ENG733INE

"How does the bullet know which hole to come out?" - Kate Holmes, Upon viewing an 11-port racegun

"Our verdict is...the automatic pistol without the double-action-first-shot 'self-commencing' feature will be as far behind the times, after the war, as the Model T 'crank-it-yourself' Ford!" - American Rifleman, May 1945 (discussing the obsolescence of the single-action handgun).

"I still miss my ex-husband, but my aim is improving." - Debbie Marsh, happy Glock owner, in her email tagline.

"Women often ask, 'What do men really want, deep in their souls?' The best answer - based on in-depth analysis of the complex and subtle interplay of thought, instinct and emotion that constitutes the male psyche - is that deep in their souls, men want to watch stuff go 'bang'." - Dave Berrry, in his column "Get Ready, Get Set, Go Bang!"

"If you don't see the cardboard in the scope, you're probably not going to hit it." - Ted Kavage, after a miss.

"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the minute you get up in the morning and does not stop until the timer beeps." - Paraphrasing poet Robert Frost

"Loading and unloading are not speed events!" - Range Officer at Ashland Invitational 1994

"God does not deduct from a person's lifetime the time spent shooting." - Corrected from an old fishing adage

"When you aren't practicing, somewhere someone is, and when you meet him, he will win." - Seen on a T-shirt in GunGames Magazine

"A famous athlete once said that he tried to go on the 'B' of 'BEEP', and not the 'P'. This does not mean that he anticipates the buzzer, but that the beep lasts 0.3 seconds which is plenty of time to start at the beginning and not at the end." - From the British magazine Guns and Shooting, October 1994, p 40.

"Losing sucks." - Jerry Barnhart, August 14, 1994

"A golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Bill O'Connor

More Quotes From My Old Site