Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 SPX

chxkey

I am new to this and was shooting a new 930 SPX, hopping to use this in my first 3 gun soon. I ran out of #7 shot i tried to load some #4 buck into it with no luck. The only difference i can see is the brass is taller on the buck. Can someone tell me the problem?

Is it a 2 3/4 inch shell or 3" shell. Measure from the back of the cartridge to the front. If it's longer than 2 3/4 inch you've got the wrong ammo for your gun. The SPX I worked with ate anything of the proper length from light bird to magnum 2 3/4 inch buck.

I am new to this and was shooting a new 930 SPX, hopping to use this in my first 3 gun soon. I ran out of #7 shot i tried to load some #4 buck into it with no luck. The only difference i can see is the brass is taller on the buck. Can someone tell me the problem?

Are you positive it is a 930 SPX?! I have one and I just shot 3" shells today, they load, chamber and fire no problems. The barrel is even marked "chambered for 2 3/4 and 3 shells". I have a Nordic extended tube and clamp, but that makes no difference, it worked well with the stock Choate tube also.

Did you disassemble it? Maybe it's not put back together correctly?