Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Book: New Rules of Lifting

Pittbug

I read it in a couple of days and started the first work out Sunday night, then did another last night. I like the angle that it takes and I especially like that it has a complete 1 year program. I haven't lifted in a while and have only done random workouts in the past, certainly nothing serious or structured.

Has anyone else read it or used it?

thx

Reuben

First time I have heard of it. I am a regular subscriber to Men's Health. They have some pretty good work outs in there monthly issues but most of them are for people who want to be the biggest guy in the gym. Although I am 6'2" 260lbs. I am not looking to get any bigger just toned. I have been doing a lot of reading on different internet sites on circuit training. This is a great routine if you are looking to burn fat and tone up. LL COOL J'S workout book is a good one to read for this type of program

LS: Yup, that's what I found of a lot of other workout sources, they tend to isolate muscle groups, with the aim of sculpting. I want strength, fitness and the health benefits of lifting, which will also help with shooting. This book has a program that works groups of muscles, based on the 6 basic anatomical movements: deadlift, lunge, twist, push, pull and walk/run. I thought it was a much better fit for my personal goals.