Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup

All Action Pistol Competitors,

We want to make a special invitation to all USPSA & IDPA shooters to come and attend and compete with your fellow competitors from all over the World at the 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup to be held in Columbia, MO, 18-23 May 2009.

The NRA has developed and approved a new Production Division, so for the 1st time in the Bianchi Cup history we will be crowning a Production Champion at the NRA Bianchi Cup. We have redused the entry fee for the Production Division and we will lower the entry fee even further for any current USPSA or IPSC member with a valid membership that wants to compete in the Production Division, there is no NRA Membership requirement to compete in any NRA Competition. As of today's date we have over $200,000 in Cash & prizes for the Championship. A greater amount of prize money will be awarded to the Production Division, with cash prizes awarded to the top 50 Production Competitors.

There will be some format changes, but the (4) main events, Mover, Plates, Barricade & Practical Events will remain in the Program. We will be adding a match called the Ray Chapman "Nostalgia" Match This Match will be fired before the NRA Bianchi Cup, 18 May 2009 using Production Firearms only (just like in 1979) but will be conducted in the same tradition of the Bianchi Cup that Ray Chapman & John Bianchi started in 1979. We have Country Music Artists - Mark Wills & Michael Peterson competing in this event, and expect more celebrities and professional shooters at the Pro-Am on Staurday 23 May 2009 as well.

For questions about NRA Action Shooting please feel free to contact us anytime, we are looking forward to seeing you all at the 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup. Come and compete with the fellow competitors and gun enthusiasts from all over the world!

Tom...

bianchicup@nrahq.org

Edited by NRAActionPistol

Of course, most USPSA members' production guns might not be legal according to the NRA Action Pistol's Production Division, so read the rule book carefully!

Here are the 2009 NRA Action Pistol Production Rules:

3.2.1 Production Firearm - The intent of this rule is to encourage the use of Production Firearms as manufactured and promote NRA Action Pistol Shooting and the “Grass Roots” level. Accordingly, in order to keep this class from becoming and “Equipment Match” Single Action only pistols are prohibited”.

A Production Firearm is a semi-automatic pistol or revolver which is or has been a catalogue item readily available to the general public equipped with factory notch & post sights. All standard safety features of guns must operate properly. The firearm shall have no visible external modifications except as follows:

Grips may be replaced or modified to fit a competitors hand or to facilitate loading. Checkering, stippling, grip tape and sleeves are permitted.

Barrel length may not exceed 5.35 inches for

Semi automatic pistols and may not

exceed 6 inches for revolvers.

Wide "target" style hammers and triggers,

if included on the firearm as originally manufactured are permitted.

Only open sights may be used. The front sight must be a non-adjustable post sight. The rear sight may be adjustable if the firearm was originally manufactured with an adjustable sight. Sights may be replaced but they must use the original dovetail cuts and must retain the original configuration of the firearm.

Fiber optic sights are permitted.

Barrels may be replaced with original factory barrels with the same configuration of the original barrel.

All production firearms must fire the first shot of every stage double action.

Trigger weight may not be less than

3.5 lbs. in any mode.

External finishes, either protective or decorative and other non-functional embellishments (Such as engraving, inlays or inscriptions) are permitted.

Holsters must be designated for carry and suitable for everyday use.

The following firearm modifications are prohibited.

Single action only firearms.

Custom-shop firearms.

Peep, ghost, optical, electronic, Bo-Mar

and Aristocrat type sights.

Thumb rests, grip or magazine extensions.

Compensators or ported, weighted barrels.

Race type holsters.

Tom...

bianchicup@nrahq.org

Edited by NRAActionPistol

Of course, most USPSA members' production guns might not be legal according to the NRA Action Pistol's Production Division, so read the rule book carefully!

Here are the 2009 NRA Action Pistol Production Rules:

The following firearm modifications are prohibited.

Single action only firearms.

Custom-shop firearms.

Peep, ghost, optical, electronic, Bo-Mar

and Aristocrat type sights.

Tom...

bianchicup@nrahq.org

How many of those rules apply to the nostalgia match that is limited to the 1911s shooting .45? I'll bet most of the ones used in the early matches had Bo-mar sights.

Would a Les Baer Premier II as described in his catalog qualify as a production gun for the nostalgia match?

The Nostalgia match is different. I would say that it is for Metallic guns only because you can use a single action 45. You cannot, however, shoot a single action 38 Super. The gun has to pass all safety checks, ie 2 pound trigger and operational grip safety.

I am waiting on word that the single action can be eliminated on a revolver. A ruling has to be made by the head referee.

The Nostalgia match is different. I would say that it is for Metallic guns only because you can use a single action 45. You cannot, however, shoot a single action 38 Super. The gun has to pass all safety checks, ie 2 pound trigger and operational grip safety.

I am waiting on word that the single action can be eliminated on a revolver. A ruling has to be made by the head referee.

How is this possible when Tom says, "Ray Chapman "Nostalgia" Match This Match will be fired before the NRA Bianchi Cup, 18 May 2009 using Production Firearms only..." and Production rules prohibit Single Action Only firearms?

How is this possible when Tom says, "Ray Chapman "Nostalgia" Match This Match will be fired before the NRA Bianchi Cup, 18 May 2009 using Production Firearms only..." and Production rules prohibit Single Action Only firearms?

The Ray Chapman "Nostalgia" Match is basically a Side Match in place of what use to be the Practice Match. It's our way to pay tribute to Ray Chapman & John Bianchi for developing the Bianchi Cup and helping it last 30 years. We wanted to re-create the Match in it's original form, or as close as possible using our new production rules, we included 1911, single-action, single-stack in .45 acp, because that is what was being used in 1979, and that is also what Ray Chapman competed with.

Until we see a growth or a need to add 1911's to production in any configuration, they will be competing in the Metallic Division.

Tom...

Kevin,

You are good to go on your Revolver.

Tom...

Tom,

Great news! Now I can get rid of the single action and get the double action lighter.

Seems to me that AP is the place for you revolver guys to compete besides ICORE.

Kevin,

I agree, and I think the pay off will be better!

We are building it, now they just have to come and try it!

Thanks for all you do for this sport.

Tom...

Tom,

Great news! Now I can get rid of the single action and get the double action lighter.

Seems to me that AP is the place for you revolver guys to compete besides ICORE.

Kevin,

WE now have reached over 40 sponsors and over $300,000.00 in cash and prizes for the 30th Anniversary. We even acquired a lot of the very 1st sponsors from 1979 & 1980. See ya in 7 weeks.

Tom...

Tom,

Holy Cow!!!!!!!! :surprise: Great job! :cheers:

For all of you on the fence or just thinking about it this is the year to go. This will be my 10th year and this is by far the best I've ever seen it.

For those of you that don't know the Open and Metallic entries are $325. The Production entry is $250. If you can get a friend to go with you that has never shot the Cup the buddy entry is $250.

From what I have heard, and Tom can confirm this, Production will pay cash to the top 50.