Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Team Match

There were generally two types of stages at this match;

Relay Races where one team member had to complete the course and come back and tag his next team mate to go do it.

Mega Stages with obstacles/physical challenges that required the team members to coordinate to move past them and engage target arrays.

Long guns were always cleared before moving or doing any obstacles, pistols had to be holstered when moving.

Some examples:

Attic Escape: Shooters begin on the ground underneath an 8 foot tall platform with a hole in the center. All team members must get through it. Once on top they must climb down the ladder. They then run about 50 yards down hill to a bay with rifle and pistol targets (usually breaking up into 2 two man elements). They then move to the next bay about 50 yards away and climb an 8 foot tall wall to then engage rifle and pistol targets. They then run another 50 yards and have to get through a window that is about 4 feet off the ground to finish engaging 4 plate racks.

Get to the Choppa!: One shooter starts by engaging 200 yard popper from roof prop. The teams then move out generally splitting into pistol and rifle elements. The rifle shooters have 10 targets to engage at 100 yards, the pistol shooters 10 as well from a position farther down the range. The team then moves the 200 pound dummy into the chopper and rifle shooters engage 200 yard poppers from inside the chopper as it rocks on the springs

Surprise Stage: Precision rifle shooter begins by shooting 500 yard sentry target. team splits into rifle and entry elements. Entry team breaches door with shotgun and engages pistol targets. They then search dummy for intel for who is not supposed to be shot (shirt color). Entry team comes out tells rifle team who they are not supposed to shoot, rifle team heads up stairs and engages targets. Entry team moves large food container back to start point. time ends with all team members back at start point.

To give you guys an idea of how tough this was, myself and one other shooter on our team attend the Ironman 3 gun every year. We both agreed that we were more fatigued and beat up after one day of this match than 3 days of Ironman. Both of us also do the Pecos Run-N-Gun Biathlon that is 6 miles of cross country race in the desert with 4 shooting stations in 100 degree temps. This match was harder; Pecos is over in 2 hours or so if you just shamble through the desert like I do, this thing we had to keep performing in the heat/humidity for much longer and more than one day. The shooting in and of itself was not more challenging than other matches; however when combined with the constant physical exertion and heat fatigue it became tough for a lot of people.

The main thing I would do different to prepare for next year is more physical training leading up to it, and now that we know what type of obstacles will be used practice getting over/through similar ones.

While this match was very hard, it was also one of the most fun I have shot. And there certainly isn't anything else like it in the country open to the public.

Man that looks like a lot of fun. I'd have to sign up for the "old fat guy class". Video was very high quality, usually when you go to full screen they get all fuzzy and these were nice and sharp. My only criticism is who ever was running the camera needs to be in better shape so the camera doesn't jiggle so much :roflol: And for those who don't appreciate my sarcastic side, that is a joke.

The main thing I would do different to prepare for next year is more physical training leading up to it,.... .

While this match was very hard, it was also one of the most fun I have shot. And there certainly isn't anything else like it in the country open to the public.

Amen to both brother.

Dragon (a/k/a Japanese Tourist) did a great job with two video cameras, a still camera and yelling encouragement in between.....with minimal wheezing recorded on the sound track :D