Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checkered wood grips?

ammodave

I have a large frame Match .40 and I'm thinking of switching to checkered wood grips. Does anyone know how thick the EAA wood grips are? I'd like to get a little thinner than the rubber grips and dress up the looks at the same time. Anybody got a set of EAA wood grips they'd like to part with?

Sorry for being slow dude,

Tanfoglio factory checkered grips aren't consistent, but the ones that I have from Limited's and Gold Team models measure about 0.230" - 260" from the inside to the outside.

My checkered grips are labeled H-150 - 152 for a reason; they are 0.150" thick from the inside of the grip to the outside. However... to compare the Tanfoglio grip you have to consider that I've taken about 0.010" off the inside off the grip to make sure my grips to drag on magazines like the factory does. Factory aluminum grips as well as wood grips flex ( all do ) and will interfere will drop-free (as glock says it..). That's why I made mine relieved about 0.010" on the inside so that if you're strong and grip your gun hard you don't have to worry about the grips rubbing on the mags.

So to compare "sort of", because it may not 100% reflex the actual thickness difference:

Factory about 0.230" - 260" thickness

Henning (in factory terms) 0.160" - 0.162" thickness

If you're looking of a thinner grip than the wood, mine is in these terms about 0.070" - 0.100" thinner.

I'm also considering making an even thinner grip in the next run. If so, these will be (in my measurements) 0.130" grips for women and guys with small hands.

I've got glove size 10, can maybe squeeze into 9 and really like the size of my grips. I've got women ordering my grips who love them. I've also got women and guys who want them smaller so it's all personal preference and hand size. We keep working on it and we will make them smaller. I might even make a block that someone can hog out themselves to carve a big grip. The world is your oyster and it's yours..