Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

safariland holster

heckle

I've been shooting a match 40 this year with a modified safariland model 012 (setup is for a 1911). I had to widen the lower plastic bracket were the front of the slide sits, tanfo slide is wider than 1911. I also had to drill and tap one more adjustment hole due to the shorter slide. After the two mods the holster works great, its fast and even with the tension screw all the way out I can't get the gun to fall off I've tried, with the tension screw tightened the gun won't even move I have to fight to get it out. All in all I really like the holster.

So here is the Question the match has a rounded trigger guard and the limited has a square trigger guard, My limited is on order and hopefully will be here in a couple of weaks. I've tried the limited in my holster and it doesn't work right rather than buying a new holster can I order the trigger guard catch made for a square trigger guard and swap them? I would rather not modify the one for the rounded trigger guard because it works so well. Also if replacing the catch is an option who/where would be the best place to order the replacement parts from?

Any imput would be great thanks

Matt