Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Potentially serious accident on the range.

splashdown

Already working on that "plausable deniability" eh? :P

Absolutely! I have practiced the phrase "Senator, I have no knowledge of those events" to the point that it really sounds convincing now B)

Almost as good as "I'm from the federal govt. and I'm here to help!"

:roflol:

JK

Mark I thought that in fires the primers would launch out the back of the casing? Not true?

FY42385

I really don't know if the primers come out. If they do, they won't go far or do much if any damage. The "barrel" that the primer travels down is only the depth of the primer pocket. I'm sure if you were right in front of one, it would sting but I doubt it would be any more than that. With the gear we wear, & the adrenalin, I doubt I'd even notice it. Unprotected eyes, that could be a problem. With no chamber or barrel to carry the projectile, it just isn't going to do much. Primer, brass, or whatever moves.

First time I was around any, it did make me jump, though. hahaha. That was about 19 some odd years ago. I still remember, too. Jumped a lot the first year or two I was on. Falling sheetrock, exploding tires, burning magnesium when you add water :surprise: (didn't realize that many parts on a VW were made from magnesium) , cooked off ammo, paint cans, all got my attention! Now I get to laugh a bit at the new guys. Their eyes say it all! hahaha.

MLM