Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clean Match

HighVelocity

I shot our local IDPA match last night. We had 5 stages and some really tight shots with a lot of non threats, low ports and the most hard cover I've ever seen in one match. I shot CDP with my winter carry gun, a 5" all steel Kimber Classic Custom in 45 ACP. A couple of perf shots but in the end, ZERO DOWN. I was pretty excited. Overall, I came in 2nd place, missing 1st overall by 0.52 seconds. One of these days, I will make HOA and be zero down. That's my goal.

Gary

I shot our local IDPA match last night. We had 5 stages and some really tight shots with a lot of non threats, low ports and the most hard cover I've ever seen in one match. I shot CDP with my winter carry gun, a 5" all steel Kimber Classic Custom in 45 ACP. A couple of perf shots but in the end, ZERO DOWN. I was pretty excited. Overall, I came in 2nd place, missing 1st overall by 0.52 seconds. One of these days, I will make HOA and be zero down. That's my goal.

Gary

Gary what loads are you running through your Kimber? I just got a Kimber Custom II and the only bullet I can shoot out of it as of now are FMJ's. I haven't found a lead round that will not catch on the barrel. BTW congrats on your clean match, someday I hope to shoot so well.

Thanks guys. Hopefully It won't take long to do it again. B)

Bob, I was shooting a 200gr Moly coated LSWC on 4.3grs of Clays. It's real accurate and reliable in my guns. Your Kimber may have a tight chamber, or may just need to be shot more. Mine has been 100% since day one though.