Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parkerizing my Gold Team? Is it possible?

pivoproseem

I'd like to park the frame on my old Gold Team somewhere down the road....is it even possible? I'm not sure of the frame material, since it looks alot like stainless steel, but it certainly stains and don't know what kind of surface treatment it might possibly have. I want to do this myself, so ion-bonding it out of the question. At the least, I'll bead blast the gun to knock down the blingy finish....or take some Moly-Resin to it.

thanks!

I'd like to park the frame on my old Gold Team somewhere down the road....is it even possible? I'm not sure of the frame material, since it looks alot like stainless steel, but it certainly stains and don't know what kind of surface treatment it might possibly have. I want to do this myself, so ion-bonding it out of the question. At the least, I'll bead blast the gun to knock down the blingy finish....or take some Moly-Resin to it.

thanks!

Should be a hard chrome finishing, you might try flitz metal polish to get the stains out of it.. I dont think Park would be a good choice for this pistol, I have both Ion Bonded and factory hard chrome and its a hard choice between what one I like better... the factory hard chrome is very nice and a tough finish to beat.

Leo

• 3 weeks later...

I have a two tone limited. The frame was polished out on the flat sides for that chrome bumper look and the slide is black duracoat. The duracoat hasn't worn well in the holster so this fall it is getting Ion Bonded in black as well as the new Mag Well. This really makes a great looking shooter and you can polish the flat sides yourself.