Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Okay, I realize it is a sad day when most of my posts are in the "Don't Fit" forum rather than a shooting forum but such is my life at the moment. Situation, two sons age 8 and 5 and in need of replacing old hand me down portable electronic games. I am not a fan of these things but they are great in small doses for entertainment while travelling and at events (you can only tote so many books around and airports frown on an 8 year old dry firing). The Sony PSP seems to be sturdier and a better device, but is limited with E rated games. The Nintendo DS has tons of E rated games but does not seen as well built. Any feedback, opinions, recommendations? Some of you members are probably "gaming" types that play with these things.

Thanks

I just discovered the joys of a DS on a recent road trip. I want one. I don't see at all how one wouldn't hold up as good or better than a PSP. Unless they get a little too aggressive with the touch screen...

Check out the Nerf cases available for them at Walmapart.

Edited by Krautwagen

I like them both. DS is played with stylus where the PSP is buttons & joy sticks.

Here is what my kids say:

12 yo boy - PSP is better because graphics are way better than the DS. PSP also has video & music capability.

8 yo girl - DS has better games like Cooking Momma & Mario Party.

The DS is plenty sturdy. I would not worry about that.