Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Video Analysis

Z32MadMan

This is my 2nd USPSA match, and I am looking for some strong constructive criticism. My first match I just plain shot too fast, and I wasn't making my points. And this is the way I started the first two stages of this match. But for the other 4 stages and slowed it way down and worked the front sight like summer job. And because of that the number of alphas went through the roof. Both of these videos were mostly alphas, unfortunately I was dead slow. But I know that will come with time, right now I want my points. Please tell me what you see and what I need to work on.

Cheers

MadMan

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=usps...amp;sitesearch=

Your transitions look good for your 2nd match. Your load off the bbl was not so hot, seemed to take a really long time. First shot also seemed to take awhile once the gun was loaded. Start leaning in your direction of travel on your reloads instead of just standing there.

Dry fire, and practice with table starts, both loaded and unloaded, will go a long way towards helping speed up that first shot.

For your 2nd match, that looked pretty good, really.

Nothing that can't be fixed with practice and more experience.

This is my 2nd USPSA match, and I am looking for some strong constructive criticism. My first match I just plain shot too fast, and I wasn't making my points. And this is the way I started the first two stages of this match. But for the other 4 stages and slowed it way down and worked the front sight like summer job. And because of that the number of alphas went through the roof. Both of these videos were mostly alphas, unfortunately I was dead slow. But I know that will come with time, right now I want my points. Please tell me what you see and what I need to work on.

Cheers

MadMan

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=usps...amp;sitesearch=

speed just comes with time. and the more you look for that speed the longer it will take for you to get there. just let your gun dictate how fast you go. the more you get used to shooting your gun the faster you will be able to go.

The only way to get better at doing reloads are to practice them so that you can do them without even thinking about doing them. I do about 4-5 hours of reloading practice a week so that when i have to do a reload i dont even think about the reload. it just happens.