Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fast Holster and Blue Finish

p7fl

While I like the Safariland 568 I have (my Single Stack rig) it did wear some rather distinct lines down the slide of my Trojan and it did so quickly. Very fast for a SS rig, and comfy, but it's going to hurt the finish on your gun, no doubt.

Bart:

Did you make any attempt to keep the holster clean of dust etc between uses?

Yup, still holding out the slim hope of using the gun hard but keeping it nice and pretty.... like me.

:rolleyes:

While I like the Safariland 568 I have (my Single Stack rig) it did wear some rather distinct lines down the slide of my Trojan and it did so quickly. Very fast for a SS rig, and comfy, but it's going to hurt the finish on your gun, no doubt.

Bart:

Did you make any attempt to keep the holster clean of dust etc between uses?

Yup, still holding out the slim hope of using the gun hard but keeping it nice and pretty.... like me.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, most of the wear happened when the holster was brand new and I was dry firing with it to get ready for a match....like within a couple days of getting it and before it had even left the house to get dusty/dirty. I just looked at it and it seems that it's just where the molding causes a pressure point that the lining can't overcome. Also, the roller system will wear a line on the front of the trigger guard and bottom of the dust cover pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong, the gun doesn't look terrible or anything like that, but even the lined holster is going to cause some wear. R,