Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I get the base pad off?

Jeff686

So, I've got Henning's 141 pad for my Gold Team. They work fine, and I'm happy with it.

However, I can't figure out how to gracefully remove it. The spring is solidly in the base, and sliding the base off is almost impossible. I tried using a tool to compress the spring after partially removing the pad. No good.

How do you guys get the pads off? I'm tempted to drill a hole in it, and add a thin plate inside the base pad, similar to the stock bases.

So, I've got Henning's 141 pad for my Gold Team. They work fine, and I'm happy with it.

However, I can't figure out how to gracefully remove it. The spring is solidly in the base, and sliding the base off is almost impossible. I tried using a tool to compress the spring after partially removing the pad. No good.

How do you guys get the pads off? I'm tempted to drill a hole in it, and add a thin plate inside the base pad, similar to the stock bases.

Have a look on Henning's site under the "tech" area. In there is a video "Load bid stick mags". In there he shows how to dis-assemble and re-assemble a mag with the 140 pad.

Hope this helps.

Edited by vous

I think your problem is the 'gracefully' part. Just slide the thing forward till you can take it off. The spring is supposed to bend. I don't think you are going to hurt it. It would be nice not to have to use an allen wrench to get the pad off. Similar to a lot of STI pads. (Henning that's a hint)