Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Open Or Texas Limited?

Ok, don't want to start any wars here or anything, and I know in many ways I'm comparing apples to oranges, but . . . Objectively as possible, which match is better (as in how it's run, stages, competition, how much fun, etc)?

What are the differences besides the obvious? I'm familiar with the range in Waco, never been to the range where the Limited will be held.

Entry fees are similar. Looks like cash payout at Open, prize table at Limited.

The Limited looks like it will be 3 days? 10 stages 250+ rounds. (Aug. 15-17)

Open is two days, 9 stages, and 250+ rounds. (July 19-20)

Last year, 156 shooters in Limited at the Limited, 186 total.

89 shooters in open at the Open, 21 Limited, 110 overall.

Thanks for the help. And, of course, if possible I would like to make both, but I doubt that will happen.

I think you'll have a good time at either match. I haven't shot the Open (yet). but I always hear good things about it, and have enjoyed shooting the Shirley Skinner-Make-a-Wish match in Waco many times.

Here is a link to a lengthy description and photos of last year's Limited match.

http://www.krtraining.com/IPSC/Matches/200...imited2002.html

I always look forward to shooting with Jimmy & Artie Mitchell, and they do a good job putting on matches.

Penny

The prize table is pretty darn stout at the Limited, and the Breckenridge range is rather a lot nicer than the Waco range. If you can only make one, I'd go with the Limited...but both if you can.

Just my opinion, of course. The down side is both matches have the same crappy sandbaggin' RO's (Liota and I), sorry.

Alex