Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Computer is dead

HSMITH

Nope, the boot drive was dead, totally dead. The second drive was clicking, thunk thunk kinda sound. My only guess is it couldn't see the first HD so it went to the second looking for boot software? I don't know, but I know I felt the clicking in the big drive.....

Has a new boot drive, new OS, all of that. Second drive was fine. As soon as it dries out I will fire it up and start getting things set back up, it was in 100% humidity for at least 5 hours and got a little rain on it when I moved it from his truck to my truck at the match this morning.

I'll get up to date on back up DVD's as soon as I get it fired up, then I don't care if the other drive dies too.

That's very strange... As we speak I have one bad drive copying to a good one. It wasn't totally dead, but it's taken about 8hrs to copy 96%. The guy had everything for his business on it with no backups. :rolleyes:

The file system was corrupt as hell. I've been working on this one since Friday night. I think... think I'm going to get it all back. He's not going to like the bill he gets on this one. I figure it's going to be about an even grand.

It could have been the first drive corrupted the signal going to the secondary drive if it was on the same IDE/SATA cable causing it to slap around. Anyway, good for you for having backup bro... see you soon.

Jim

Edited by JThompson