Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light 45 target loads

Milmauler

Google "Bullseye-L 45ACP Reloading Data" and you'll be able to veiw alot of load data from the accuracy guru's who compete in Bullseye competition.(I tried to post a direct link but this forum won't let me because I'm a "new'b")LOL

Don

Thank you. I will check it out.... I need all the help I can get...

• 1 month later...

Hi; I'm new to reloading, about 1000 rounds so far. I would like to lighten up the recoil of my DK1911 Smith & Wesson 45. I'm using 4.7 grains VV320, Lasercast 200gr LSWC's at 1.250 & this is minimum according to VV. This gun has never had a jam right from new, never failed to extract & is accurate, I would like to lighten the recoil though. I see that when you go to a lighter bullet much more powder is needed, why? VV cautions against loading with less than minimum listed charge. I want to stay with Lasercast as I get no leading & the VV is great. I can drop down to a 180 LSWC, it just seems that with more powder I'm not accomplishing much. Thanks, Randy

When I used 200 gr. LSWC for bullseye pistol out to 25 yards my favorite load was 3.6 gr. Clays behind the 200 gr. Speer LSWC for ca 720 fps. I switched to 3.8 gr. HS-700X behind the 185 gr. LSWC for the same velocity, equivalent accuracy and lighter recoil.